Midem makes it easy for music managers to meet executives across all segments of the industry, helping to boost their artists’ careers. Midem also provides managers with a complete toolkit to navigate the new music landscape, identify untapped opportunities and build better work relationships.
Midem for music managers
In today’s globalised streaming world, breaking into the American market is no longer an artist’s primary goal or the ultimate sign that they have made it. The world is now an artist’s playground.
As the artist’s closest partner, music managers play a more fundamental role than ever in leveraging all the opportunities offered in this new context. Helping artists make the most out of technology for music creativity and engage fans via the most immediate channels, managers are in control of every facet of an artist’s business, including production, marketing, distribution and commercialisation of creative works.
Music Business and Networking
- Source and partner with the artist services you need locally and internationally to boost your artists’ careers - from production and funding to marketing, promotion and rights management. How? By visiting the first ever Midem Artist and Label Services Forum, located at the heart of the Palais des Festivals.
- Accessing leading music supervisors has never been so easy. 30+ supervisors are available to meet over the 4 days of Midem during conferences and Meet the Speakers sessions.
- Looking for legal advice? 110+ law firms attend Midem every year. Meet them during our Legal Summit conference and cocktail party, or participate in Meet the Lawyers speed meetings.
- Interested in meeting key international live music players? The largest music agencies, festivals and promoters - like CAA, WME, UTA, Sziget, Live Nation in 2019 - attend Midem to meet the whole music ecosystem.
- Wondering how to get into the markets where your artists’ fans are located? Source your next local partners among the 30+ national pavilions of the International Village (Palais des Festivals) and access insightful tips during International Stage conferences.
- Plus, 600+ artists from around the world attend Midem, looking for partners - including managers - to boost their careers.
- Leading global and regional streaming services are waiting to meet you, including Spotify, Amazon Music, Rhapsody Napster, Soundcloud, Deezer, iMusica, Anghami, Tencent, Boomplay, and many more!
- Also, with streaming now a key revenue area for your artists, keep up to date through our exclusive Streaming Summit, an industry landmark to understand where the next opportunities lie.
Artist and Creativity
- Gain insights into how to take your artists’ career to the next level by attending inspiring talks and artist’ masterclasses in the Artist Hub. Legendary producer and multi Grammy Award-winning solo artist Wyclef Jean is already confirmed to speak about the essentials of music production and monetisation.
- Boost your artists’ schedule with tailored opportunities at Midem, including the new Midem Talent Exporter programme. This allows export-ready artists to build concrete business partnerships through meetings with 30 international buyers (incl. agents, promoters, festivals, curators, PR, music editors and A&R).
Inspiration and Education
- Renowned music business managers share insightful tips and case studies on artist management. Recent editions have featured Rebeca Leon (Juanes, Rosalia), Scooter Braun (Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber), Troy Carter (formerly with Lady Gaga), and Cortez Bryant (Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj).
- Direct-to-fans platforms and leading digital brands offer marketing workshops and demos to build capacity.
- 330+ speakers of 30 nationalities are accessible during Midem’s exclusive Meet the Speakers sessions.
Meet the world of music under one roof
Mainly doing business in Europe
Within our 5,000+ attendees, Europe represents 59% of total participants, with the UK, France and Germany as the top three music markets.
Willing to cross the Atlantic
North America is the n°1 territory at Midem, with leading companies present, including major labels and publishers, AIMP, WIM, ASCAP, CD Baby, and many more!
The world is your playground
With 90 countries represented at Midem, for four days the whole world is your playground, including business leaders from Asia, Africa and Latin America.