Midem for music labels
Midem makes it easy for music label executives - whether they work in sales, marketing, digital, international, business development or sync teams - to understand and make the most out of the new music ecosystem while connecting with partners from around the world.
In today’s globalised streaming world, record labels are – according to the IFPI - the leading investors in music, with one-third of global revenue (US$5.8 billion) invested in A&R and marketing. Record companies also act as partners to help artists achieve both commercial and creative success. They provide a broad network of talent that nurtures and develops artists, helps them engage with fans in meaningful ways, and supports them at every step of their musical journey, guiding them through the music industry’s ever-changing landscape.
And with the world as the new playground, an in-depth understanding of music market trends is now critical!
Music Business and Networking
- Discover, source, and partner with the artist and label services you need locally and internationally - from production and funding, to marketing, promotion and rights management – to provide solutions to support your artists and catalogues. How? By visiting the first-ever Midem Artist and Label Services Forum, located at the heart of the Palais des Festivals.
- Accessing leading music supervisors has never been so easy. 30+ supervisors are available to meet over the 4 days of conferences and Meet the Speakers sessions.
- Direct-to-fans platforms and leading digital brands offer marketing workshops and demos to help build capacity.
- Looking for licensing deals in key music markets? Connect with your network of partners - and identify new ones among the 650+ labels that attend Midem each year.
- Find new opportunities in high potential music markets like Africa, Latin America, and Asia by sourcing local partners at the 30+ national pavilions at the International Village (Palais des Festivals) and discover insightful tips at the International Stage conferences.
- Struggling with recruitment? Scout business talent among the 200+ young professionals from schools like Berklee College of Music, SAE and EMIC, and 5000+ music executives from around the world looking for their next career opportunity.
- Leading global and regional streaming services are eager to meet you, including Spotify, Amazon Music, Rhapsody Napster, Soundcloud, Deezer, iMusica, Anghami, Tencent, Boomplay, and many more!
- With streaming representing a rapidly growing source of label revenue, understand where tomorrow’s opportunities lie at our exclusive Streaming Summit, an industry landmark!
- Discover innovative start-ups offering solutions on ‘Music Creation & Education’, ‘Music Discovery and Distribution’ and ‘Marketing, data and Analytics’ at Midemlab’s pitch sessions and international start-up competition, and at the Innovation Hub’s national Tech Pavilions (Palais des Festivals).
Artist and Creativity
- Submit your artists and source ‘export-ready’ talent during our new Midem Talent Exporter programme, during which 20+ carefully selected bands will pitch their music story and play live in front of a panel of the leading international buyers of our generation.
- Learn how to take your artists’ careers to the next level by attending inspiring talks and artist masterclasses at the Artist Hub. Legendary producer and multi-Grammy Award-winning solo artist Wyclef Jean is already confirmed to speak about the essentials of music production and monetisation.
- Enjoy Midem concerts at night at the exclusive Midem Beach, and discover talent from across the globe.
Inspiration and Education
- Gain valuable insights into the new music landscape for labels by attending the third Global Indie Voices conference in association with IMPALA, WIN, Merlin, and IMPF.
- Identify untapped revenue opportunities at the Cash Factory’s conferences, such as ‘Music and Brands’, ‘Film/TV Music’, and ‘Worldwide hip-hop’.
- Renowned music labels share insightful tips on how they approach the new music landscape. Recent editions have featured Doug Morris (Sony Music), Neil Jacobson (Geffen Records), and Scott Pascucci (Concord Music).
- Already confirmed for the exclusive 2020 keynote: Fred Davis (The Raine Group), Justin Kalifowitz (Downtown), and Kerry Trainor (SoundCloud) will discuss the future of artist and label services.
Meet the world of music under one roof
Doing business primarily in Europe
Among our 5,000+ attendees, Europe represents 59% of total participants, with the UK, France and Germany as the top three music markets.
Willing to cross the Atlantic
North America is the n°1 territory at Midem, with leading companies present, including major labels and publishers, AIMP, WIM, ASCAP, CD Baby, and many more!
The world is your playground
With 90 countries represented at Midem - including business leaders from Asia, Africa and Latin America - for four days, the whole world is your playground.