Midem for live music
Midem makes it easy for live music executives to connect with labels and publishers as well as the digital players that are now essential to live developments. Midem also provides a complete toolkit to navigate the new music landscape and leverage exciting opportunities such as esports.
Bolstered by the rise of the experience economy and mainstream social media usage, the live music sector has become a prime revenue pusher for the whole music business.
Today’s globalised streaming world offers new opportunities but also creates potential pitfalls. Streaming services are now central to the live music experience, serving as an audience acquisition tool for events. However, increasingly important streamed music genres – including hip-hop - are yet to be fully represented in live tours. This leads to an increased need for dialogue between live music players, artists and all stakeholders within the music and digital value chain.
MIDEM Regular Rate
Starting From €685
special rates for artists, young labels, startups and students
The leading international event for the global music community
2 - 5 June 2020
Palais des Festivals, Cannes, France
Music Business and Networking
- Find out how to navigate the global music community brought together at Midem, through daily interaction with labels, publishers, managers, digital leaders, and entrepreneurs.
- Make the most of the 600+ artists from around the world that attend Midem looking for partners – including agents, promoters and festivals.
- Locate new opportunities for your tours and festivals in high-potential music markets like Africa, Latin American and Asia. Source relevant local partners among the 30+ national pavilions of the International Village (Palais des Festivals), and access insightful tips during International Stage conferences.
- Source innovative startups proposing solutions in topics such as ‘Music Live Experiences’ and ‘Marketing, Data and Analytics’ during Midemlab pitching sessions.
- Leading global and regional streaming services are waiting to meet you, including Spotify, Amazon Music, Rhapsody Napster, Soundcloud, Deezer, iMusica, Anghami, Tencent, Boomplay, and many more.
- Identify additional revenue streams through our conference ‘Esport and Music’, in association with Esports’ BAR. Learn about everything from artist placement in esports events to esports stages in live music festivals and merchandising sales.
Artist and Creativity
- Showcase your artists and source export-ready talent during the new Midem Talent Exporter programme. 20+ carefully selected bands pitch their music story and play live for a panel of today’s finest international buyers.
- Enjoy Midem concerts by night on the stunning Midem Beach, discovering talent from all across the globe.
- Hear artists’ inspiring Talks in the ‘Artist Hub’, including a masterclass from the legendary producer and multi Grammy Award-winning solo artist Wyclef Jean on the essentials of music production and monetisation.
Inspiration and Education
- Co-create the future of live music by attending the ‘Live Summit’, developed in association with Pollstar, the voice of live entertainment.
- Renowned agents like Marsha Vlasic (The Agency Group) and live music executives like Tim Leiweke (Oak View Group) share insightful tips on challenges and opportunities within today’s live music business.
- Understand where the opportunities lie in worldwide hip-hop to organise your next tours and festivals.
Meet the world of music under one roof
Mainly doing business in Europe
Within our 5,000+ attendees, Europe represents 59% of total participants, with the UK, France and Germany as the top three music markets.
Willing to cross the Atlantic
North America is the n°1 territory at Midem, with leading companies present, including major labels and publishers, AIMP, WIM, ASCAP, CD Baby, and many more!
The world is your playground
With 90 countries represented at Midem, for four days the whole world is your playground, including business leaders from Asia, Africa and Latin America.