Midem Talent Exporter
The ultimate music accelerator for artists' international expansion
Introducing Midem Talent Exporter
After five years of meaningful encounters, talent discoveries, and great stories, the Midem Artist Accelerator is evolving into the Midem Talent Exporter!
Midem is looking to embrace its role of connector by reorienting its guidance from a mentorship programme to a business approach. Midem Talent Exporter will spotlight 22 emerging international talents, selected through a free and open-to-all call for entries.
This live matchmaking format will shine a light on the most promising export-ready talent and connect them with today’s finest international talent buyers, including agents, promoters, festivals, media, PR, curators, music editors and A&R. They will also gain access to 10 music supervisors with the specific objective of building concrete business partnerships.
This is a real door-opener for artists, offering unique opportunities for international encounters along with a full educational programme in the Artist Hub; networking with the global music community on the fabulous Midem Beach and learning about the latest artists’ services at the brand new Midem Artist and Label Services Forum.
A unique chance for artists to boost their careers internationally
Meet with talent buyers and music supervisors from around the world
Seize the opportunity of your 20-minute speed meeting, in the intimate setting of the Midem Beach Day Stage, making use of our state-of-the-art facilities (PA/light/stage and crew). Present your pitch and live demo showcase to agents, promoters, festivals, curators, media, PR, music editors and A&R from all over the world.
Meet leading music supervisors from film, TV, gaming, agencies and brands during the Global Sync & Brands Summit. One registration only for each artist’s label or publisher. By invitation only and according to availability (100 seats).
Learn, network and discover solutions for artists
Take advantage of our tailor-made programme for artists at the Artist Hub, with professional training, knowledge sharing, and discussions about the artist’s status and its inherent challenges.
Socialise with your peers against the backdrop of the stunning Midem Beach, our chill-out and creative space near the Palais des Festivals.
Discover the latest artist services to boost your career at the world’s first global platform: the Midem Artist Services Forum.
Privileged access to special programme
Being selected for the Midem Talent Exporter boosts your chances of being chosen for other programmes. Get on the shortlist of artists eligible for specific creation and learning programmes open only to participants by selection or invitation.
- Songwriting Camp, Dynaudio Recording Studios, and more
- Exclusive workshops organised by leading music industry brands, such as Spotify.
However, while you are more likely to be shortlisted, nothing is guaranteed as final selection is at the discretion of our panel and partners.
2020 Talent Buyers
Damien Chamard Boudet
VP Promoter, Live Nation
Senior Director of Talent, Vevo
Head of Booking, Sziget Cultural Management
A&R and Project Manager, Bella Union
Full list of buyers coming soon...
The Midem Talent Exporter is open to artists/bands, managers, publishers, labels, agents and promoters from around the world who would like to submit an artist/band to benefit from this programme. They must meet the following criteria. The artist/band must:
- Be an individual artist or a band.
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Be export ready.
- Demonstrate a creative personality and attitude.
- Present original musical creation (audio and/or video). No sampling or unauthorised use of copyright protected material will be accepted. The track(s) can be acoustic, electronic, instrumental or feature voices.
- Have a dedicated professional supporting team of at least one person (manager, label, agent, etc.).
- Be represented by a company (label, publisher, agent). The artist can represent themselves if they have legal status.
- Have a minimum of five official live performances booked between 2019 and 2020.
- Show media coverage and a solid presence on social networks.
- Present a career development strategy (including export) with concrete short- and long-term objectives.
- Be looking for potential partners, especially for export.
- The artist/band’s artistic merits and latest news will also be taken into consideration.