What is the Midem Artist Accelerator?
Midem Artist Accelerator
The Midem Artist Accelerator is an exclusive bootcamp for artists and their entourages.
Designed to support managers, agents, labels and publishers as they look to grow their artists’ profiles globally. It’s a unique opportunity to access Midem business expertise in export and innovative solutions.
Each year, 11 promising artists picked by an elite Artistic Committee all:
- Get to play live on the beautiful beach of Cannes
- Benefit from a tailored 360 degrees programme onsite with key players from the global music community including:
- Entry to selected conferences
- Learning and coaching sessions with industry mentors
- Networking opportunities
2019 Midem Artist Accelerator Finalists
- ACIDO PANTERA (Colombia) | EDM
- ALEXANDER OSCAR (Denmark) | Pop
- ANYA (Denmark) | Pop
- BLANCHE (Belgium) | Pop
- BO NINGEN (Japan/UK) | Rock/Alternative
- DALEX (Puerto Rico) | R'n'B/Hip Hop/Urban
- KYAN (UK) | R'n'B/Hip-Hop/Urban
- MOONCHILD SANELLY (South Africa) | Pop
- MULLALLY (UK) | Pop
- RASHA NAHAS (Palestinian Territories) | Rock/Alternative
2019 Midem Artist Accelerator Committee
A 360° programme
With top-notch industry players
Exploring the latest services and best practices
With prestigious music supervisors during the Global Sync & Brands Summit
On the Midem by Night Beach stage
With inspiring artists giving you best tips
Focusing on export and monetisation
With marketing, legal, publishing experts
Across all Midem communication incl. official vinyl compilation & playlist
MAA Alumni success stories
Iris Gold signed a global artist deal with the MAA's Artistic Committee's Patrik Larsson's Playground Music Sweden further to her Midem performance! A first single "All I Really Know" has been released, which will be followed by a Nordic tour. She also teamed up with fellow MAA artist M.anifest to perform on her latest single “Roll it out”.
Adian Coker joined NE-YO on his UK tour, after having met MAA Artistic Committee member Rob Hallett (Robomagic Live) at Midem!
Be Charlotte signed a worldwide record deal with Columbia / Sony Music further to her participation to Midem.
Far From Alaska
Shortly after their MAA experience they closed a record deal with American producer Sylvia Massy, and played Download Festival in Paris.
- Be 18 years old or over;
- Be an individual artist or a band;
- Have a dedicated professional supporting team (manager, label, agent etc.);
- Demonstrate media coverage and a solid presence on social networks;
- Have a recording or publishing deal;
- Have a minimum of 5 official live performances booked between 2018 – 2019;
- Present a career development strategy (including export) with concrete short and long term objectives.
2019 Key dates
- 5 November 2018: Opening of the call for entries
- 3 February 2019: Closing of the call for entries
- Early March: Announcement of the pre-selections
- Mid April: Announcement of the Finalists
- Early May: Announcement of the “Online Community Vote Winner”
and “Artistic Committee Coup de Coeur”