The leading international music-related startup competition
Presented by Deezer & Recochoku
Midemlab is running its 12th edition in 2019. Since its inception in 2008, 237 music startups from 31 countries have taken part in the competition.
Midemlab features the most promising international music tech startups that offer innovative solutions, helping the music industry build new consumer experiences.
Through the call for entries, 20 finalists chosen by our selecting partners Music Ally and Bluenove will have the chance to:
- Find new business partners and raise funds
- Pitch your music startup and get recognition from the industry
- Make sure the international press hears about your product
- Get advice from tech & music pros
And the 2019 Midemlab winners are…
- Music creation & education: JAMBL (Germany)
- Music discovery & distribution: CLICKNCLEAR (UK)
- Marketing & data/analytics: LEGITARY (Austria)
- Experiential technologies: TUNEFORK (Israel)
In recognition of their innovative and strong business model, the Music Creation & Education category jury decided to award a special prize to ENDLESSS (UK), a virtual space for live collaborative recreational music-making.
2019 Jury Members
The Orchard (USA)
Creative Lead (ZOO EMEA)
Chief Content & Strategy Officier
Global Digital Business Development Manager, Innovation
Warner Music International (UK)
Music Ally (UK)
President & Co-Founder
VP - Business Development
Capitol Music Group (USA)
Why you should enter your project
- Win a free registration and pitch on-stage at Midem
- Find new business partners and key investors, and get feedback on how to make your service better
- Gain international visibility and credibility among the music industry
- Winners receive free legal & PR advice, free mentoring, a private meeting with Deezer’s CEO and Techstars Music, one free registration to 2020 Midem… and more
Discover Midemlab's success stories
Soundcloud - 2009 Midemlab winner
Now has 200 million unique listeners around the globe.
The Wave VR – 2017 Midemlab finalist
Raised $6 million in funding since their participation at Midem.
Kickstarter - 2010 Midemlab finalist
Brought together 12 million people who have pledged $2.6 billion, funding over 13k creative projects.
Songkick – 2010 Midemlab finalist
Now has 10 million active users and generates $100 million in ticket revenue.
ASAII – 2018 Midemlab finalist
Was acquired by Apple four months after participationg at Midem.
Soundcharts– 2017 Midemlab finalist
Raised $3.1 million right after Midem and was selected to join Techstarts Music in Los Angeles.
The Echonest - 2009 Midemlab finalist
Was acquired by Spotify in 2014.
Next Big Sound - 2011 Midemlab winner
Was acquired by Pandora in 2015.
✔ Available to attend Midem if selected to pitch,
✔ A new company (less than 5 years old),
✔ Business-ready: already launched or in beta stage,
✔ Independent, not affiliated to a group,
✔ Genuinely original and innovative, with international viability.
Enter into 1 of 4 Categories
✔ Music creation & education,
✔ Music discovery & distribution,
✔ Marketing & data/analytics,
✔ Experiential technologies – VR/AR, high-resolution, IoT & hardware.